Scripture: Ephesians 5:1-7
1 Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children 2 and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.[a]6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be partners with them.
1. To avoid sin, we must walk in the way of love (v. 1).
2. To avoid sin, we must completely shut off all the doors (v. 3-4).
3. To avoid sin, we must enter the kingdom of God (v. 5).
4. To avoid sin, we must be not partner with people that will deceive us (v. 6-7).
1. Pray that you will love other people so that you will not sin against them.
2. Close all the doors that you leave open for the devil to enter your life.
3. If you are involved or partner with sinful people, you must confess and repent.